I recently had the good fortune of being interviewed by the website Dreaming of Baby for a string of articles they are doing about male infertility. We were able to talk particularly about how couples can better manage the shame and pain of not being able to get pregnant and how to move beyond that shame to seek needed help.
Some of the takeaways were:
- Seeking comfort in each other
- Developing compassion (and self-compassion)
- Learning to not take it personally or place blame
- Having people outside of your partner to talk this through
- Finding a doctor who doesn’t sugar coat, but is also kind
- Seeking outside help when necessary
You can read the whole interview here: Dealing with Male Infertility: Tips for Men & Couples.
Let me know if you have any questions or want to talk further about this often neglected issue.